Thursday, July 18, 2019

Odds and Ends in the UK

I like strange and unique things so I wanted to have a post just about things I notice. A huge part of this is street art. I have many examples of great things I saw along the way. This blog entry is mostly pictures.  Here are a few:

First, murals and street art:











Look closely at this one






This lovely was in Brighton



 Beyond the murals I love juxtaposition. Old and new. Modern and Ancient. Sometimes just modern or just ancient standing out there...making its point to the world. 


The Shard looks sooo tiny from this angle. The Boomerang looks ready to burst. 


I saw this floor and door stop near the British Museum and had to stop and take a snap.
 

 
 

 Plaques noting the famous are everywhere...as are chalkboards outside of pubs. 



Parts of town have hardcore missions to state their sensibility
Dangling things always get my attention
Add caption





Like these strange cherubs near St. Paul's Cathedral


Got some old crap? You too can make a gigantic mobile. Yes, cassette tapes. 





Interesting...ball of marigold like thing
Foxglove everywhere in Ireland and England

This beauty was at the Royal Palace in Brighton





serious gates at St. Paul's


Pattern. And a hand for a door knob.


This appeared in an earlier blog about Greenwich but those patterns!!



oxford details
millions of tiny tiles for the St. Paul's floor



The Walkie Talkie like an apparition in the background

Hotel Russell



I wish I had something for scale--these were gigantic lemons!

From The Shard, the train yard looks like art



Oxford ceiling details

I've always been obsessed with the dragons of London

S
parkly, shiny all over London. This one by my flat every day.
Dublin has Spiderman



There was much art and promotion regarding the US Prez







Modern Millennium Bridge and St. Paul's 

Oxford door

I love the Walkie Talkie and the grasshopper

Everyone needs a large metal cyborg statue...they have 2 at Camden Yards



I really love this shot of the old: The Golden Hinde (St. Francis Drake's ship) combined with the modern: The Cheese Grater, the Gerkin and the Walkie Talkie. 


In Brighton this upside down house is a tourist attraction. 


Spirals. 



The ruins of Winchester Palace. 12th Century important medieval building near the Thames.





Magpies: 1 for sorrow. 2 for Joy. I LOVE magpies!

living walls make me happy



I just ran out of time and desire to posts more photos....
























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment